Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sonia Rykiel

Good morning! ugh, I'm still tired from last night (went out, danced a little, shit-talked mostly). Speaking of last night, Happy Birthday Adam!!! And you thought I wouldn't remember. Adam has also jumped on the blog bandwagon. Check his out here.


Anywho, I'm almost done looking at all of the Fall 2008 Ready to Wear lines out there, but there are just soo many and I have to at least look like I'm working. Seeing that I'm still not even close to being half way done, it is amazing how many similarities I have already spotted amongst all of the designers. A few include, but are not limited to, asymmetry, single shoulder tops and dresses, grey grey grey, structured jackets and a whole lotta tights. However, when I saw Sonia Rykiel's line, I was blown away. No, really.



First of all, she was one of the few designers who actually used color throughout the collection. Not a singe grey outfit. Pretty sweet. While the purple doesn't scream FALL, the way it's combined with other key elements does. Like the tights, like the fact it's found in a jacket, blah blah blah.

Oh, also, a HUGE similarity I saw in allot of the lines was CAPES. capes capes capes. While this purple jacket isn't really a cape, it does resemble one. Quite a bit.
Here's another cape. this one is too cute for words, and I think that's even a bunny on that thing. It looks so comfy and chic at the same time. Eww, why am I using the word chic? It's looks comfy and hella cute.

More capes! I would love love to have this. Especially since I'm always cold in the fall/winter. Someone make me one, yeah?
Look, more cape like elements, see? check out those sleeves. While some pieces aren't really capes, you can really see their influence. And those Lennon-like glasses I was telling you guys about. Go buy a pair, you'll look cooler once everyone else is wearing them too.


Cape sleeves, UUUHgen.
More bows. Bows are still going pretty strong and I think we'll see them all the way through next year.

Monochromatic and those glasses again. I really think monochromatic outfits are making a quick pit-stop this coming season. I'll post more pictures later of how you can look cute in a single color this summer....later.
Ruffles. Ruffles made it pretty big at the end of last year/beginning of this year. They've changed from uniform ruffled skirts to asymmetrical dresses full of them. Like bows, this is going to be a trend we'll continue seeing. But I love the fact that it looks different on this dress. And those goddam TIGHTS! So effin cute. Now you don't have to layer your tights for this effect and feel like an umpa-lumpa. I smell an AA rip off soon. Real soon.

More stripes. And ruffles.


Dude! When I saw this dress, my mouth started to drool. Look at all those SEQUINS! I want, I want so bad. yeah, it looks like someone got a little crazy with their bedazzler, but hey, ugly things can make a huge comeback.
More round glasses, more sequins. Doesn't this dress remind you of that purse Marc Jacobs made a few seasons back? when he got inspired by that old lady who did dots everywhere? It was on that documentary he made. Anyone? A little help?

No comments: