Thursday, June 12, 2008

Urban Outfitters and how much Erin Fetherston sucks

I'll do another post later, about things that don't suck, but right now I really can't believe this crapolla. So, Urban Oufitters, you know, that over-prices-all-their-shit-but-I-still-buy-because-it's-so-cute store? Well, not so cute anymore. Apparently they will now be carrying Erickson Beamon jewelry, such as the monstrosities below, in their UK stores by the end of June. I normally covet what the English have (such as Beatles, cute boys and wittingly small cars), but what the heck? This is bad, bad.
Then, I look to see what Erin Fetherston has up her sleeves for her resort collection. Now, I know that resort collections are kind of a way to bridge between two seasons, therefore, they seem to be always lacking something. But what this collection lacks is talent. What the hell, Erin? Taffeta? Really? I haven't worn taffeta since my mom made my dresses for me. Not only that, but the only cute dress looks like a total Kate Moss for Topshop rip-off. If any of you are die-hard Fetherston Fans.... sorry, guys. But she kinda sucks.


Anyway, hope this doesn't bring your day down, but I just needed to rant a little. Things are suckie today for some reason. Maybe it's because I saw a salad dressing commercial with "Bump" by Spank Rock last night, followed up by a stupid beer commercial using Santogold. What the eff? Is Diplo doing advertising? (PS, thanks for that, Josh!)

2 comments:

Ixchel said...

Taffeta could be nice.. but those dresses are just plain fugly. And those earring can be made for few dollars a piece! I made barrettes with those same crystals in 1998..

I feel your pain, I was upset when I heard RJD2 on a well fargos commercial.

Unknown said...

They are pretty bad. I just don't get why so many like her. She did a few good things, but a great designer continuously recreates. And those earings! not only are they hideous, but they're expensive as shit. not good.